- ICBC Counselling
- Individual and Couples Counselling
What is counselling and how can counselling help me?
Registered Clinical Counsellors (RCC) work with individuals, couples, and families in individual and group settings, typically when one is facing difficult or challenging situations. Counselling provides a physically and emotionally safe place to help explore these challenges in a warm, empathetic and non-judgmental environment.
Counselling after an MVA (ICBC Counselling)
After involvement in a motor vehicle accident, the resultant trauma may be increasing your anxiety and stress levels and may even be impacting your ability to feel safe driving. Counselling can help you process this traumatic experience and give you a safe space to express your thoughts and emotions to help manage these issues.
Benefits of ICBC Counselling:
- Learn and develop coping strategies to handle your anxiety and stress.
- Reduce and overcome symptoms of PTSD, depression and any other difficulties that have occurred after your accident.
- Strengthen your communication skills which will help in the overall recovery process when dealing with insurance companies and medical professionals.
How can therapy help me?
- Attaining a better understanding of yourself, your goals and values.
- Learn ways to cope with and overcome stress and anxiety.
- Improve listening and communication skills to help in all aspects of your life.
- Manage anger, grief, depression and other emotional pressures.
- Eliminate old behaviour patterns and develop new ones.
- Boost your self esteem and confidence and help you become the best version of yourself.
Everyone goes through challenging situations in life and sometimes we need a little help as our emotions can get the best of us at times and little clarity is needed. People can seek counselling help for a number of reasons including if you are feeling unhappy, or unfulfilled in your personal or professional life. Maybe there are some goals in life that have yet to be achieved and help with determining and overcoming their barriers is needed.
- Do you feel unseen or misunderstood by your partner?
- Are your needs not being?
- Are you feeling lonely or have a lack of intimacy?
- Do you keep having the same arguments with no resolution?
- Have you experienced any significant life changes like a death in the family?
- Has infidelity occurred in your relationship?
Relationships are the foundations of our lives and therapy can be helpful at any point in time. Whether you’re at the beginning stages of a relationship and struggling or experiencing any of the above issues, all of these are good reasons to seek out relationship/couples counselling.
Many times issues within a couple start small and then grow in size until they get resolved. Couples don’t have to wait until they are in crisis mode to come to therapy. Rather than viewing therapy as the solution to crisis, it can be an integral aspect of achieving and maintaining a healthy and fulfilling relationship and preventing things from getting bad in the first place.
Complimentary Initial Consultation
Basil offers a free initial consultation session to see if counselling is right for you. Many companies might offer you a 10 or 15 minute consultation, but we will offer a full complimentary initial session as we want you to be sure that counselling will be helpful for you and Basil is a good fit for you. He also works on a sliding scale to make therapy affordable for everyone. Contact us today to sign up for your free, no obligation first session!