Lara is a client centred practitioner who is passionate about helping people engage in meaningful activities that restore and enhance quality of life.
Lara completed her Bachelor of Kinesiology degree at the University of British Columbia, followed by a Master of Science in Occupational Therapy degree at the University of Toronto. Lara has worked with adults and older adults in a variety of practice settings, including inpatient musculoskeletal, acquired brain injury, and amputation rehabilitation, as well as acute care and community health.
Lara sees herself as a lifelong learner and values integrating evidence-based approaches into her clinical practice.
When she is not at work, Lara is attending spin classes, hiking in the coastal mountains, visiting with friends and family, and exploring a new corner of the world.
- Master of Science Occupational Therapy – University of Toronto, 2021
- Bachelor of Kinesiology – University of British Columbia, 2017
- Registered with the College of Occupational Therapists of British Columbia
- Current member of the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
- Part of the WorkSafeBC and ICBC Provider Networks
Areas of Practice
- Community occupational therapy and case management for physical injury, chronic pain, mental health and/or brain injury/concussion
- Graded exposure therapy
- Job site assessments and return to work planning and monitoring
- Ergonomic assessment
- Hospital discharge assessment and intervention